Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Subject: Priming!

Melissa -

Your dinner looked gorgeous. Well, the table-scape anyway! I can't wait to hear all about it. The weather here has been amazing - it looks incredible there, based on your picture.

Here is what I have been up to:






And I apologize for the terrible picture quality! I snapped this picture on my phone and didn't notice how bad the quality was until loading it up to show you. Anyway, I have been priming! My kitchen table arrived to me this past weekend (after its very long journey across three states!), you can see my little side table towards the back on the right and then my Craigslist mirror on the left. (And yes, that is Ina the Cat perched on the mirror!)


I have the table and leaf mounted on paint cans. I think that makes it easier to paint when it's not sitting on the ground or resting on another table. I'm able to get the undersides of the edges painted at the same time I am painting the top, without having to flip it over. I used a craft sponge for the small spaces and the mirror's frame, and then a mini roller pad thing that is the same material as those big, poofy rollers, but smaller. I am officially obsessed with them.


Anyway, just wanted to share with you my in-between stage. Can't wait to show you all the 'after' shots!


Yay,
Kara

P.S. This week I am planning to share with you about my exciting dinner party coming up!

No comments: