Monday, November 15, 2010

Subject: A Very Grown Up Purchase

So, Hubby and I just made a very important, and very grown up purchase.  While we know that I am not one to shy away from thrifty finds, (I mean, I still own those chairs that I once found on the side of the street.  More on those in the near future!) we decided that there were certain pieces of furniture in our house that we were willing to spend some money on as they would be "investment pieces." Our thinking is we will have them forever as we will always find a place for them no matter where we live.  Besides that, we were very fortunate to end up with some wedding money, so that is helping to pay for the investments.  :)

Today, I decided to stop into Restoration Hardware after seeing this beautiful dresser in the massive catalog I recently received.  I wasn't sure if they were going to have the piece in the store, but since it was on my way to the mall, (where I purchased these amazingly soft towels during Bloomingdale's Friends & Family sale) I took the chance.  Of course, it was there, and lucky for me they, too, were having a Friends & Family Sale, which meant 20% off!!!!  

And without further ado, here is our brand new dresser, which will be making an appearance in our bedroom in 2 - 4 weeks.  I will be sure to take pictures and send them to you once it's in.

Restoration Hardware - Printmaker's Sideboard

Detailed Shot

How's the master bath revamp coming along?  Can't wait to hear all about it.  Have a great week!!!
Mel

No comments: