Friday, November 26, 2010

Subject: The Perfect Shoe

Hello and happy Black Friday!

To go along with this National Day of Shopping, I thought I would send something completely frivolous and fun. Now that I am home full-time, I have been thinking through my new wardrobe for this new role. Obviously it needs to be washable (soooo washable) and not overly dressy, but I don't want to fall into the habit of schlepping around in sweats with my hair in a greasy ponytail. (That's apparently an easy trap to fall into. Otherwise shows like What Not to Wear would not be in business!)

So, I'm now investing in pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on the accessories and the occasion. I have also realized that during these childbearing years I am going to be, like, 14 different sizes. (So far I have experienced pre-pregnancy, early pregnancy, maternity size, post-pregnancy when nothing fit, post-pregnancy when some early pregnancy pieces fit, post pregnancy when everything fits except for my tops - thanks nursing! - and then I guess I'll eventually get back to pre-pregnancy when I stop nursing.) So maybe what I should really be concentrating on is quality, timeless accessories. To whit: Aren't they fabulous? They are Michael Kors and I found them on Zappos. I feel like they would be perfect with skirts or dresses, Bermuda shorts, and maybe even jeans. The only season they wouldn't work is the dead of winter (however, I do live in Florida, so maybe?) and I think they are a nice alternative to flipflops/sandals in the summer. Not sure if I will be making them mine anytime soon, but I think I will be in the market for more pieces like this.

What about you? What have you been stocking your wardrobe with, since you are home now too? Did you pick up any steals today???

The Holidays are officially upon us - yikes!
Kara

No comments: