Monday, November 8, 2010

Re: Subject: Master Bath

Happy Monday, K!!

Boy do I know what it feels like to want a master bath re-do!!  AJ and I aren't even in the new house yet, but it will be one of our first major projects sometime in the future.  Worst part is, I don't think we will quite get away with spending $100!!  It needs to be gutted, not just freshened.  However, I do think yours can be accomplished for $100, and I think you have some great ideas.

Okay, first, the mirror...
I say leave it as is, but spruce it up with a frame!!  I think between trying to get it off the wall, which isn't there a chance it could shatter?, and then spending the money to cut it, you should spend the money on getting the wood to frame it.  Follow Isabella & Max's mom's lead.  (Thanks to my own momma for the link!!)  Plus, the bigger the mirror, the bigger the room will look which I think is key.  As far as the black, I was thrown off a bit.  I think your house is so quaint and charming and then you have the shabby chic curtain in those soft colors and you want to do the walls soft, so I would think the frame would look great in white.  You know me though and white household objects.  White dishes, white china, white towels, white sheets....

Then for the light I have two ideas.  The first one, I am contemplating on doing in our downstairs guest bathroom.
1.  Would you consider pulling a color, a muted color, from your shower curtain and spray painting the fixture that color?  I also want beigey-white milky (weird description!) walls and so I thought a pop of color would be fun.  I was going to paint the fixture, towel ring and toilet paper holder all the same.
2.  Second suggestion...since you are saving the money on cutting the mirror, why not buy a new fixture??  They have some great choices at Home Depot for $30.  Here's one and here's another.  Might be worth checking out Target, too?!?  Or even Wal-Mart.

I think you are on the right path.  Let me know if any questions come up along the way.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  Oh, and if you need some cheap accessories...TARGET!  I will e-mail you this week about the cute things I found.

Hugs,
Mel

AMAZING BATHROOM! via Fancy Buffalo

No comments: