Thursday, July 21, 2011

Subject: Bathroom Inspiration

Hey K - 

I take it this is the week you are MIA?!?  :)  

Since my best buds visited on the 4th of July...


...Hubs and I have not done ANY house work.  We've been relaxing and enjoying our home, and both of us have not picked up a paintbrush, caulk, hammer or nail.  I plan on staying on a hiatus for the next few weeks as well...at least until after Labor Day.  However, one of the next big projects we are planning is a bathroom makeover.  Here's my inspiration thus far...





I especially want to do two large mirrors, instead of the one big one we have now.  I think something like this could be beautiful. 

Pottery Barn Vintage Recessed Medicine Cabinet
 Or maybe even something like this...

Restoration Hardware Pharmacy Wall Mount Medicine Cabinet
I'm also thinking instead of the traditional bathmats, a big rug could be fun and add the perfect punch of color.

Pottery Barn - Gianna Kilim Recycled Yarn Rug

Flutter Pattern Rug

Anthropologie Tan-Tan Rug
And while we are on the subject of rugs, if I wasn't going for a pop of color, I would consider designing an entire room or bathroom around this rug which I LOVE!!!  I actually think I may have a crush on it.  I even recommended it to my little brother for his hip LA pad, and while at first he turned his nose up to it, he ended up purchasing it in the long run.
West Elm - Rajasthan-Stripe Printed Dhurrie
Well, that's it for now.  If you come across any fun bathroom inspiration, I'd love to see it.  We are still in the process of saving up for this big remodel.  Based on my calculations, we will be ready to break ground very late this year or early 2012!

No comments: