Monday, June 13, 2011

Re: Dining Room - Mission Accomplished??



Hi! I am so (SO) sorry I have been MIA for so many weeks. Seriously, you give me a 3-day weekend and I am worthless for awhile :) But I love the progress you have made with your dining room...I cannot wait to see it all come together as a finished product. Are you going to do a rug in there? What about a chandelier? I recently saw this chandelier on Pottery Barn's website and I think I'm in love:

I bet it is gorgeous the way the light bounces off the glass drops. I love how they have two hanging over the table in one of the photos. In a small way, it kind of reminds me of Design Mom's chandelier she talked talked about last fall, just in the way there is glass hanging from the frame that reflects the glass.



Lately I have been in love with the idea of a Moravian Star pendant light (in clear glass):

The entryway off our garage has a boring, standard light in it and I would love to replace it with something fun and unexpected. They are kind of pricey, but I don't need one very big and there are a few available on eBay. It's one of those things that I hope to find at an estate sale or flea market when the seller doesn't realize its value and is selling it for $10. That never actually happens to me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!



Last weekend I was trolling Craigslist and found this listed for $50:

It needs a ton of TLC, but I think it could really be beautiful once its done. I'm considering painting it a creamy color and doing the same Covington Blue (by Benjamin Moore) behind the glass and replacing the knobs/pulls with antique brass knobs. Thoughts? Suggestions?



I don't want to do anything too crazy because I want to try and sell it on Craigslist for a profit. I still have some cream paint left over from when I painted my closet awhile back and there are some cheap-ish knobs on eBay, so hopefully I won't have to put a lot into it and will make a decent profit. Then maybe I can buy my Moravian light!



Hugs,

Kara

No comments: