Thursday, May 26, 2011

Re: Re: Re: Living Room Curtains, Parts 1 + 2

I made you something...

Knowing that you want a cottage-y, but not country house, this image that I came across earlier in the week, while actually hunting for a dining room table...still, was actually my inspiration.
Triangle Honeymoon via Lonny Magazine
If you are going to do the ticking stripe curtains, I think the rug will be the room's statement piece, so my advice is to pick a WOW rug.  I bought the rug in my foyer from Rugs USA.  They are reasonably priced and always have discounts.  You should definitely check there, too.  I picked the one above in the storyboard just because I liked all the colors and it has blue to tie in the with chair and artwork.

Here are some other rugs I found on Rugs USA with the cottage-y, but not country feel:





For the other accents pictured, here's where they are from:

1.  Target, Room Essentials Curtain Rod - I know you said you were having trouble finding rods, but I always get mine from here.
2.  Pottery Barn, Bee Pillow Covers
4.  Pottery Barn, Circle Frame Pillow Cover - Love how you can monogram this one

Well, I cannot wait to see what you come up with!!  I know the readers in cyberspace can't wait to see your new family room either.

No comments: