Friday, May 13, 2011

Re: My New Dining Table

Wow - Feels like FOREVER since I've blogged.  Work, work, work.  Enough about that though.  Your dining room table looks BEAUTIFUL!!  I've known all along that your plan was to paint it white, but had no idea how the fully transformed piece would look.  I LOVE IT!!  You should be so proud of yourself.  Your kitchen/dining area has really been transformed over the past few months.

Here at The House of Peach, we are still in search of the perfect dining table.  At one point I had my eye on this beauty:


Grand Baluster Dining Table

 
However, after visiting the table multiple times in the store, I realize the rough, unfinished top (that Hubby hates and Mama isn't a fan of) is not only impractical, but a bit painful, too.  Hello splinters!

Lately, I've been debating between these two: 

Flatiron Dining Table
1900's Boulangerie Dining Table


 I need to go see them in person though and haven't been back to the store since I vetoed the original table. 

At one point, I thought this was going to be the winner:


Pottery Barn Hyde Dining Table - No Longer Available

 But in person the "wood" wasn't for me.  It looked way too manufactured for the look I am going for.

As you can see these tables are fairly similar.  It's just a matter of finding the PERFECT one.  Sad part is, after I find the table then I have to find chairs!! 

1 comment:

שולחן אוכל said...

Nice dining tables story. We also have some new design. Please visit back our blog at
שולחן אוכל

Thank you.