Friday, December 3, 2010

Subject: GOOP


Mel -

Going into the weekend, I thought you might like some good Internet reading, so I wanted to share this link with you. Have you read GOOP before? I'm kind of obsessed. It's Gwyneth Paltrow's own personal blog. Now, I don't know if she writes all the content herself or if she tells someone else what to write...and frankly, I don't care. I love it! I love reading all the health articles (I really want a juicer now!) and all the links and ideas she shares...brilliant. I can't wait to visit a city where she recommends restaurants. My friend Michelle has been to her recommendations before and said they are spot-on. For example, she had the best Mexican food of her life (seriously) at a Gwyneth-recommended spot in London.

I have decided I am a big fan of Gwyneth's. I like that she is a legitimate actress (who was darling when she won an Oscar) but she hardly ever gets any bad press. She really seems all about her family and kids and being down-to-earth (except when she talks about clothes and everything is waaaay out of my budget). And I like how she married a rocker (because that's what actresses do, right?) who happens to also be British so she spends a lot of time in England but she hasn't adopted this annoyingly fake British accent (i.e. Maddona). Plus she was great on Glee (and I loved her character name, Holly Holiday) and she doesn't hide the fact that she eats lots of pasta but also busts her butt in the gym to keep herself looking svelte (contrasted with actresses who shrug and insist they have good genes). PLUS she was amazing at the CMA awards. Who knew she could sing? Country? Exactly.

Anyway. I'm reaching Creepy Fan Status, so I'll stop.

Happy weekend and happy reading!
Kara

P.S. One more thing: She is a big fan of the site Smitten Kitchen. Me too! I love the thought that Gwyneth Paltrow reads the same sites as me. It makes the world seem smaller, you know?
Image courtesy of People.

No comments: