Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Re: Re: Subject: Accent Walls

Miss Kara -

I love that I turn to you for advice, only to be told that wall decor basically scares you!!  :)  However, it's your honesty that keeps this friendship alive and well..  Just like the time you told me my favorite chandelier, the one that I hope to have in my dining room one day, looks like a spider!

Pottery Barn


So, I totally agree that one day I will get sick of whatever I decide to put on the tv wall and therefore I am not going to do anything with wall paper.  I really love that stripped wall with all the pictures, but I am thinking I am going to have to save it for a guest room or maybe the living room.  Hubby has decided he wants to hang the tv on the wall, so that won't leave much room for pictures.  And that pretty much answers one of your questions.  We are going to get a long tv stand, but we want the tv to be visible at all times.  I just need somewhere to store the DVR and DVD player along with the hundreds of DVDs and VHS tapes.  (Please don't ask me why I still own the later.  There is no good excuse!).

Right now I am leaning towards the zig zag wall.  The wall is currently Kilim Beige by Sherwin Williams.

Sherwin Williams - Kilim Beige #6106

I know it might look a little blah on here, but it is a really soft neutral and at this point I would only have to add in white zig zag stripes.  Seems easy enough!  I will let you know how it all goes down.

Here's to the first of many painting projects!!

Cheers,
Melissa

No comments: