Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Subject: Beatty's Chocolate Cake

Can I just say....DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!  Ina's Beatty's Chocolate Cake was so moist, and chocolate-y, but not too much.  I ended up adding instant coffee to the frosting, however, I think next time I would leave it out.  I could kind of taste the coffee in it, and since I'm not a coffee drinker, I think you can pass on it.  The actual cake part though was TO DIE FOR!!  Coffee and all!  

Peach's Beatty's Chocolate Cake

So, wondering your thoughts on this switch up? What do you think about doing a light, Cool Whip-esq dollop in the center and top instead of the chocolate frosting.  I thought that with some fresh berries, preferably raspberries, it would be quite tasty.  Then your taste buds and tummy could focus exclusively on the cake part.

To another Ina success!!!
M

No comments: